Lead Physicist (Ultrasonics)
We have an exciting opportunity for an impressive Physicist to join the team at Novosound.
Based in Biocity, Newhouse (Scotland), we are looking for the right person to develop our high-resolution ultrasound imaging transducers, including single element and phased array solutions.
You will have a degree (and preferably PhD level qualification) in Physics or an Engineering based subject, and a strong background in biomedical or industrial ultrasound research.
Key Activities Include:
- Carry out development of ultrasound transducers and sensors for biomedical and industrial applications
- Core Research in to the ultrasound capabilities and possible improvements of novosound technology
- Report technological developments to the Chief Technology Officer
- Carry out computer modelling of novel ultrasound transducers and arrays
- Prepare technical reports and presentations for Board Updates
- Represent the technical team at conferences and tradeshows
- Interact with customers to produce market and product specifications for ultrasonic sensors and arrays.
Qualifications and Required Skills/Experience
- BSc (Honours) in Physics, Engineering, Sensors or related Discipline
- MRes or PhD level research studies in to Ultrasound Transducers, Sensors and Imaging would be highly Beneficial.
- Experience of Thin Film Technology and deposition processes
- Experience of microelectronics, circuits and amplifiers.
- Minimum five years of research and/or commercial probe development experience
- ISO9001 / 13485 / FDA regulatory experience
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with internal and external partners
- Works well under pressure in a rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrates a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive materials/issues
- Be a problem solver at heart with a genuine interest in helping team members
Competitive salary dependent on experience. Company option scheme and benefits available.
To apply: email a CV AND cover letter to Novosound’s Chief Technology Officer Dave Hughes,email@example.com
AEROSPACE | INDUSTRIAL | MEDICAL | VETERINARY | DENTAL